Food as medicineLili | January 27, 2019 | 0 | Food
Food as medicine is a reality, moreover food as preventative medicine is an even more impactful reality.
I once heard a physician say that going to the doctor is something a person does to keep busy while the body heals itself. This is not entirely true, but often is.
Putting aside accidents, environmental damage, infections and congenital disorders, most illnesses are rooted in habituation, activity and food choices.
Regardless of your weight, proper food choices, contaminant avoidance and physical activity can keep you away from a lifetime of suffering.
Poor diet is a factor related to one in five deaths around the world, according to the most comprehensive study based at the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington. The study showed that poor diet is the second-highest risk factor for death.
Plants contain factors which not only nourish us, but protect and heal us; reducing inflammation, blocking cancer, and strengthening our immune systems. Understanding this fully is our lifetime pass to nature’s pharmacy.
Healthy healing foods
Healthy healing foods such green, leafy vegetables; cruciferous vegetables; complex carbohydrates; berries; and oatmeal are rich in Vitamins B(s), C, D, A, K, antioxidants and minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium. Collectively they will, in most cases, protect and heal you.
Many diseases may be prevented with proper nutrition and are best treated, managed and controlled when nutrition adjustments are paired with proper medical treatment.
• anxiety, depression, skin conditions, various allergies, joint pains, arthritis;
• hemorrhoids – bloody stool, painful bowel movement, itching around anus, painful, itchy lump near anus
• diabetic neuropathy – muscle weakness, serious problems with the feet, loss of balance and reflexes
• hypertension – seizures, stroke
• dementia – memory loss, aphasia
• diabetes, non-insulin dependent – numbness, kidney disease, blindness, nerve damage, pain, compromised vision, fatigue, stroke
• coronary disease – death, heart attack, heart failure
• colorectal cancer – cancer of the colon or rectum
• other forms of cancer, autoimmune illnesses, kidney disease, liver disease, stroke
The fact is, you must eat, so do it properly. Skinny or fat makes no difference, your style of eating will dictate your future. You can save yourself a lifetime of suffering simply by learning to enjoy nature’s delicious gifts.